30 Facts.

1. Calendar
Although I doubt about my talent in designing, I worked for some of the designing goods in KMLA. The reason why I was selected as a worker is that I was the rare case of knowing how to use InDesign and Photoshop among the students. My biggest project I've done in KMLA is the calendar that most of the KMLA people are currently using.

2. Archery
As a member of archery club, I spent about a year to learn how to shoot arrow properly. Accepting several bruises and bloodsheds, I've devoted myself to the training, expecting my accuracy and strength to improve like human muscle works. In 11th grade, Teammates and I attended the archery club competition with own bows and arrows brought. During the rehearsal, however, I pulled the string, and my bow broke in half right away. I just calmly shrugged and asked for another bow afterward. I didn't expect such vain ending.

3. Looking around and Picking up
One of my habit since elementary school is to look around the place where I am whenever I face irksome situations. Especially this phenomenon appears whenever I am self-aware that I lose interest or focus. For example, when I cannot stop myself from unconsciously looking around if I walk without listening to music or think about an interesting subject. Then I seek for some difference in the environment compared to the past and find random objects lying on the ground, wall, or shelves. I pick up ownerless 100 won coins, earbuds, sometimes even nails, imagining of their productive use in the future. I do not, however, pick up something that may cost more than a dollar: I believe that its owner would someday come and pick it up.


4. Wrestling
I never learned wrestling (Ssireum) in my life. Attending Ssireum match last year is my first and only career on wrestling in my entire life. The reason why I attended such event is similar to the reason of action above: I just wanted to attend any interesting event, and therefore volunteered for 21st wavers' wrestling team in Minjok-je (I did not want to spend a day cheering and chatting on the grass field). After I decided to join the troop, all I did was to watch some youtube videos about wrestling skills and to imagine myself doing it. It somehow worked out during the d-day.

After Victory. People on the left are 21st wavers, and on the right are 22nd wavers.

5. Water Bottle
I always bring one small water bottle with me since middle school. The reason why I carry the thing all around is not only because of my struggle against sleep and thirst but also because it was a graduation gift from my father.

6. Youtube
I used to have a youtube channel with more than 6k subscribers and 7 million views. My method was foul since I uploaded videos already posted on other sites to Youtube and gained views from it. 8 years of school life did teach students about the importance of copyright, but I did not care since teachers were repeating same words and it was boring. Also, I thought it was okay since I did not use it as a way of earning money. However, after getting some warnings from Youtube, watching original uploaders being upset and their videos not getting enough views, I realized the importance of copyright directly to my heart. After so, I got my hands out of it. I do not think this channel as a proud badge, but still somewhat an interesting experience.

7. Pet
I used to have several insects and others as a pet: scarab larva, a pair of stag beetles, a pair of hermit crabs, and pack of fishes. All of them died due to aging or my lack of caring and empathy, except fishes which managed to leave the next generations. Continuously losing pets, I constantly asked my parents for land-living vertebrate as a new pet. When I was 15 years old, my parents finally accepted my request: They brought a Quail egg and the Great Pyrenees to our home. I hatched the quail with an incubator, as the dog was adopted(rescued) on the day before he got dissected in medical university. Quail got blind by my mistake(his head was jammed between a door and a doorframe), and the dog had hemophilia. Including their trait, both animals had series of interesting episodes related to our family.

The quail and the dog. Hair(feather) loss in the quail's back.

8. Unvisited House
When I was a freshman, some seniors told us about the existence of haunted house up on the hill behind the karaoke building. I was, of course, curious about the house, and I decided to visit school founder's abandoned house for investigation twice, summer and winter. I took several photos inside and outside the house and accidentally broke some windows during entry. One interesting fact I found out was that the house was abandoned right before the opening of KMLA, supported by the fact that the calendar hung on the house nearly matched the time when KMLA was built. Both visits were tough, but winter visit was way easier than summer visit since there were fewer bushes and thorns along the way.

The photo I took inside the abandoned house. Ripped off Calendar indicates November 22nd, 1995

9. Fire
Since I was a child, I had several chances to fondle with fire: Ancestral memorial rites and camping majorly provided such experiences. Such experiences seem to follow me at KMLA: I am the one who lits and fans the fire in the firewood fire during Barbeque parties. But such close relationship almost lead me to an accident, almost burning my pants on fire. Kindler held upside down scorched my pants, and it made a small hole in my pants. As I found my pants burning, I calmly asked my friend for a bucket of water, and I poured the water right over my right leg.

10. Calmness
I try to act calm, no matter what emergency happens. I realized this fact when a fire was burning my pants. I believe that the reason for such personality is due to the interest-seeking tendency and "Things like such can happen too" mindset toward my life. If I start to talk, however, I exponentially open my mind to anybody I am having a conversation with.

11. Sole fan
I became a big fan of one game series since middle school. The music I listen to are the arranged versions of the game background music made by several circles. Some parts of my memories are proportioned on the information of the series, and I can fluently explain every single episode. However, I am the only fan of this series in KMLA.

12. Nose
My nose bone is slightly tilted, due to the accident I had in elementary school. I was sliding down the stair railing, and I slipped. I grabbed the rail, rotated, and crashed as drawing a big circle. I walked down to the nurse's office right away and went to the hospital with my parents. The doctor described that my nose bone was tilted to the right, but nothing dangerous would happen. After then, empyema intermittently occurs in my right nostril, and nosebleed intermittently occurs in the left.

13. Marvel
I became a big fan of marvel hero series after watching Dr. Octopus creating a Nuclear fusion in Spiderman 2. I also spent some of my memory memorizing Marvel characters and episodes. Unfortunately, I could not find a similar person like me who is a big fan of Marvel series in KMLA. It somehow seems like that my taste of interests is very rare in KMLA.

My Favorite Series in Marvel Comics (X Force/Cable: Messiah war)

14. Sleep
I never stayed up all night. My best record of staying up is until 3 a.m.

15. Decaffeine
I never drank coffee or energy drinks. My mother once gave me a cup of espresso when I was a child, and the bitterness has been stamped in my memories as some sort of trauma. After then, the only drink that I tried that tastes similar to the coffee was a coffee-flavored milk, which did not satisfy my tongue. Meanwhile, I refuse to take Energy drinks due to their radical odor that my body refused. Therefore, I only drink water or tea instead.

16. Vision
Both of my eye vision is 2.0, according to the latest examination. After the examination in school nurse office, I got a mousepad for a reward by the school nurse for having an excellent vision. Recently, I tested my vision again. My eye sights are both 1.5 now.

17. Photographer
I worked as a student photographer for first 2 years and most of the students still remember me as a photographer. I used to take more than 700 photos per day in vision trip, saving every single detail of friends' traveling into the memory card. Maybe that is the reason why my friends remember me as so.


The photo I took 2 years ago, Hallway during the evening, 1st floor of the dormitory.

The photo I took in the UK. KMLA Alumni 

 
Another photo I took in Europe. I like to recollect the memories of people and episodes

18. Only child
I am the only child in my family.

19. Not-so-erudite in famous novels.
Neither I read Harry Potter series nor Percy Jackson series nor Sherlock Holmes series nor Twilight series. My friends used to freak out whenever I said this cruel fact, so I do not try to tell this fact to my friends.

20. Improvised instruments
I like to fiddle with random objects that can be found in daily life. Rubber bands are one good example, and I've played it since elementary school, whenever I got bored. I believe I am pretty good at playing music with a rubber band. I rarely play it nowadays, but still, I can dexterously play Tetris theme B with it.

21. iPod
I always bring my iPod with me, storing more than 6000 songs mostly related to aforementioned game series music. Various kinds of pieces of music are inside, including Piano, Rock, Ballad, Pop, EDM, Jungle terror, Eurobeat, Metalcore, and etc. Every genre is used to concentrate in different situations, such as staying awake, memorizing, improving work efficiency, imagining, time killing, and even sleeping.

22. Subjects
I am interested in Biology, Chemistry, and Psychology.

23. Mathematics
I had a trauma on mathematics due to first two years of KMLA under the same teacher's lecture. I forced my smile in front of her, got stress even in the night before the day with math class, anxious about the class. Nowadays, the trauma is starting to wear off as I am learning from the new math teacher.

24. Daydream
I sometimes let myself think of wild fantasies: flying away from KMLA, riding a kart down the hills, or even facing a zombie apocalypse in school, shooting zombies down with arrows. I somehow enjoy specifically thinking about the situation and challenges I might face. Sometimes, I often imagine myself being a random character in random stories, such as Wilhelm screaming stormtrooper in Star Wars.

Wilhelm scream compilation_Star Wars

25. Talking to myself
I am expert in having a dialogue with myself since I am the only child in the family. I can debate myself about nearly anything, opposing each other's opinion. This alleviates my boredom at least a bit.

26. Pixel Art
I was once "possessed" into making pixel arts out of Microsoft Excel. I'd work on it with a dense and high passion for a while until I was not interested in it. To make a piece of work, I colored every single cell with a mouse for 4 hours in a row. A few weeks later, I became indifferent to the project as I created 9 artworks.


<My Neighbor Totoro> & <Spirited Away> Pixel Art

27. Running
I am bad at long-time running. I ran 4 kilometers in 31 minutes, which is longer than the KMLA standard during the interview.

28. Luck
I believe in my own luck. Most of the positive actions are considered as a "good luck" to me. If a bad thing happens, however, I believe that it is just my lack of ability.

29. Color
My favorite colors are purple, brown, and black.

30. De Ja Vu
Constantly, I feel de ja vu as I do certain kinds of actions. My past memories are also constantly reminded, and I can tell every single detail of the memory happened during the past event. The event itself is not bothersome, but the sudden reminder of embarrassing or guilty moments do affect my emotion deeply.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Idea toward the Eposide 01 - The Lady Vanishes

My Idea toward the Episode 05 - Food Fight